The tooth gem process is a fairly simple one. A lot of clients google various designs and come in with creative content inspo for their teeth. You will choose which tooth or teeth you'd like to wear the gem on. Our technician is great at sizing teeth and can advise you on what may look the best for you teeth. The tooth is dried, and dental adhesive gel is applied. Your technician will then place the gem on site and once you take the final look and approve of its location your tech will then cure the gems with a dental UV light to set it in its final place. Next is our favorite part! Showing off that twinkle! We love capturing photos of our clients. Our best content is of clients taking amazing selfies, showing off their new gems!
There is really no limit to how many gems you can get. The gem is bonded by a dental adhesive gel and will allow for you gem to last for a semi permanent time period. After some wear the gem will fall off on its own from the tooth. If the back of the gem is still intact after falling off or if there is glue left, regular brushing is recommended, or you may simply pick it off. You may also visit a dental office to remove the gem if you like.
In general a tooth gem should last anywhere from a time period of 2 months to a year. Your lifestyle will impact how long the gem will last. Things like aggressively brushing, eating sticky food, will ear the tooth gem off sooner. To get the most out of your tooth gem experience, be mindful of and chew carefully. The more delicate you are the longer they will last.
This process will require some patience. Each Session is created 6-8 weeks apart as it will take this long to see the benefits from the previous session tattooed. On the first day immediately after having the lips tattooed you will experience some swelling. This is completely normal, and the swelling will subside in 24 hours. On the first day your lip blushing will appear very bright in color. This will fade about 50 percent lighter once the lips have healed. The color will heal soft and subtle. Lip blushing is meant to be a natural lip color for your lips. Lip Blushing is no meant to give you a lipstick look once healed. On day 2 after receiving lip blushing you will notice the color will appear a bit darker. This is because you are now forming a scab, you will also notice your swelling has subsided. On Day 3-4 your lips will become very dry and flakey. As the skin flakes away you will see the shade change and the color soften to a more subtle tone. Days 5-7 the lips will be a bit dry as the skin rebuilds itself. After week one the skin will be healed but you will still need to go through the color development phases. This will take a full 6-8 weeks to develop. During these phases your lips can look darker than the starting point, like nothing happened at all, or patchy and uneven color all the way up until the 6-8 week mark. This is normal and nothing to panic about. This is simply your body responding to being tattooed. Once the color is fully developed at the 6-8 week mark you will see the benefits of the tattoo session and can layer more as needed. After the first week of healing you may use lipstick or gloss to hide the transitioning stages if you wish. Its a journey but it’s always worth the wait!
• Please take a break from vitamin c serums, retinoids, and glycolic treatments, around the mouth area at least 2 weeks before your session and 2 weeks after for best healed lip blushing results.
• Do not drink alcohol or take blood thinning medication 24 hrs before appointment
• No Caffeine 24 hrs before your lip blushing tattoo, this will cause you to bleed and brush during the process.
• Please wait 1 month after lip blush to receive fillers. (or 1 month prior)
• If you suffer from cold sores (even just once ever in your whole life) you must take an anti-viral medication (like Valtrex) 2-3 days before, and 3-5 days after having your lips tattooed as directed by your doctor. We are tattoo artists, we are not doctors, we cannot prescribe you anti-viral medication. This is something that must be obtained by your doctor. This issue is extremely common, about 90% of the population suffers from them. They can be caught from something as simple as sharing a drink, even if the person you are sharing a drink with have no apparent blisters. Lip Blushing does not cause cold sores, however, the injury to the lip tissue from being tattooed can cause an outbreak if the virus already lives dormant in your body. An outbreak can damage your lip blushing results, so when in doubt, reach out to your MD and get an anti-viral before your appointment. If you know for sure you are not someone who gets cold sores you can skip this step and count yourself as lucky!
• Please wait 1 year after using Acutane to receive lip blushing
• Botox should be done 2 weeks before the tattoo appointment or 2 weeks after lips are completely healed from lip blushing tattoos.
• Exfoliate & moisturize lips 24 hours before your appointment -this preps lips to be tattooed. Healthy skin = beautiful healed results
• Laser Treatments must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after Lip Blush Tattoo
• Do not smoke weed before your permanent makeup appointment. This will cause unnecessary sensitivity and possibly paranoia.
• DAY 1: Your body will produce lymphatic fluid (a yellow-ish clear fluid), this is what your body produces when it Is healing to form a scab, use sterile water wipes given to you after the lip blushing process to remove this fluid 1-2 hours after procedure. Allow lips to settle and dry a bit. Then apply a very thin layer of a&d ointment/ aquaphor/ coconut oil to the lips periodically. Lips will be sensitive on this day. Avoid food that is too hot/too cold or too spicy/ too citrus.
• DAY 2: Continue to moisturize with a&d ointment/aquaphor/coconut oil periodically. Swelling will be minimal to none at this point
• DAYS 3-4: Lips will become dry and flaky. DO NOT pick or exfoliate the lips. Allow the skin to shed on its own. Keep moisturized
• DAYS 5-7: old skin will begin to flake off and soft tone will be revealed. Keep moisturized.
• No pools or saunas during the healing process
• Please take a break from vitamin c serums, retinoids, and glycolic treatments, at least 2 weeks prior to your session and 2 weeks after around the mouth area for best healed results
• Botox should be done 2 weeks prior to tattoo appointment or 2 weeks after lips are completely healed from lip blushing
• Laser Treatments must be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after Lip Blushing
• No cosmetics on the lips for 7 days, once skin is completely healed. Just moisturize!
• SPF is your BFF! No sun exposure for 7 days, and remember to continue to use SPF to elongate the lifespan of your tattoo when you encounter any sun exposure whatsoever forever!
I love how knowledgeable the technician is and my friends are all obsessed with my new tooth bling!
I have been wanting a tooth gem forever and this is by far the place to go to get one!
Ali is amazing, I am in love with my tooth gems and teeth whitening!!
"First Class Cosmetics offers exceptional service, and Michelle is very patient and skilled in what she does. She makes this experience as pleasant as it can possibly get. I'd highly recommend First Class Cosmetics for any of your skin care treatments."